Friday, November 1, 2013

3 tiny brushstrokes gift ideas under $50!

Ok, Halloween was fun, but its now November so let the Christmas/Holiday shopping begin!

I am trying to avoid malls again this year - it is not the most relaxing or fun shopping experience, busy, crowded, frantic etc! I would much rather be shopping locally, in smaller boutiques, craft markets or even better, buy my gifts online while enjoying a yummy hot chocolate (or glass of wine) in the comfort of my home!

For some, shopping online isn't a go-to idea, but it really has its perks! See above hot chocolate/wine in your home, no lines, no crowds - need I say more?! The only downfall can be the shipping costs, yet some retailers offer free shipping over a certain amount which is great! But if shipping is associated with your online purchase, you could always contrast it with the cost of gas/transit + food and coffee purchases to sustain you while shopping! There is such a wide variety of cool items to be found online, especially through online marketplaces such as Etsy.

Because I operate an online shop, I really appreciate my online sales as much as my direct customers & love to offer incentives alongside personal customer service to all my customers who purchase from me! I so wish I could offer free shipping this upcoming holiday season - but instead I am including as part of my complimentary holiday gift wrap service, a hand painted gift tag of your choice with each order and perhaps another little surprise something!

Check out the Christmas 2013 Gift Tags!

Choose from Reindeer, Penguin or Bear
 
Although Tiny Brushstrokes mostly focuses on the little ones in our lives, I also have items for those older yet still young at heart! Here are 3 gift ideas from Tiny Brushstrokes to consider this holiday season that are all under $50!!

 
#1


These fun magnet sets of 4 feature original paintings from my 100 tiny brushstrokes childhood memory project are super strong & so cool! Shown below are the 1st two sets and there will be 2 more sets to debut in November...

Set #1 - Paper Airplane, Red White & Blue Striped Ball,
Rocket Popsicle & Red Tricycle


Purchase the magnets here
 
Set #2 - Cassette Tape, Atari Controller, 45 Insert & Viewfinder Disc
 
Purchase the magnets here
 
#2
 
 
I thought it would be fun to offer a custom option this holiday season for the 5" x 7" paintings which feature objects of childhood memories from the 100 tiny brushstrokes project. Your custom order will become a part of the collection of 100 paintings and you will be giving an original gift as well!
 
These paintings are easy to pop into a frame and add to anyone's little art collection. Custom ideas could range from a childhood toy, food, game, book, article of clothing, any object that is visually appealing and creates a sense of nostalgia works best! (and that I haven't painted yet!)
 
 
 
Order your custom childhood memory painting here
 
#3
 
 
And of course, something for the special little ones in our lives! If you are looking for a gift that is a little bit different (& also not a toy) consider some custom artwork to add to their room or playroom. 
 
Perfect for baby's 1st Christmas or even something unique for that hard to shop for teen (that is not a gift card!) - I can help you come up with a OOAK design based on their favourite things, places, colours, etc. 
 
My 8" x 10" canvas board paintings are great for DIY framing and are a very affordable custom painting option which makes a memorable gift on Christmas morning. Not just for little ones either - I love to paint custom and look forward to hearing your ideas, so please get in touch! I can do most things except for portraits.
 
Purchase a custom 8" x 10" painting here.
 
So there are my 3 gift ideas under $50! I hope I have inspired you to add some ART to your Christmas shopping list this year!
 
My cut off date for custom orders (for Canadian & US) is November 30th - to ensure it can be made & shipped in time for the holiday. Shipping is on top of prices listed and everything can be purchased through my Etsy shop. Please don't hesitate to contact me with any questions or ideas & feel free to share this post with anyone you think would also be interested in shopping with me (Tiny Brushstrokes) for the holidays.
 
Here's to stress-free, on-line, chocolate & wine accompanied Christmas shopping!!
 

No comments: