Sunday, March 9, 2014

Tiny Brushstrokes Studio Mini Art Class Demo


This past Saturday morning, I participated in the Port Credit Spring Mom 2 Mom Sale organized by Baby Preloved by offering a free art activity to all the children who attended the sale as part of my private art classes through Tiny Brushstrokes Studio

It was a great morning and my art table was pretty busy for most of the morning! The kids (mostly little ones) had fun making their artwork and some even came back to do 1 or 2 more.

Because it was an event where the number and ages of children was an unknown, I decided to present a simple art activity that could be done by a 3 year old as well as an older child. My art activity was to create a Robot Collage. I had a mini art lesson plan ready to go along with the activity but because the age range of children was quite young and there was a more casual flow to the event, I decided to go with it and just focus on the kids getting the chance to create! 



Each child made a Robot Collage using only geometric shapes in either warm or cool colours, then got to add googly eyes to their creation. It was quite fun to see the variety of designs and approaches to designing their Robot. Please enjoy some of the children's collages below...




       





I especially love these last two playful Robots created by the same artist who also decided to add in a bit of landscape in the background! Thanks to all the kids (and parents) who stopped by & created a Robot Collage!

No comments: