Monday, May 12, 2014

Spring Handmade Market 2014


This past Friday and Saturday I was a vendor at the Spring Handmade Market which was held at the 13th Street Winery in St. Catharines. It was a beautiful venue to host a spring sale and the weather for the most part was amazing - like summer! This blooming magnolia tree was right outside and above the glass ceiling of the greenhouse, in perfect view from my booth! 


 


The show was super organized and featured a creative variety of amazing vendors under outdoor tents and in the greenhouse (where I was located) - it was such a bright, open spot to be located, I got lucky #13! 

There were food trucks, wine, baked goods (the best butter tarts I've ever tasted!) and live music each day. I had the chance to meet a couple awesome fellow vendors but was mainly working my table as there was a steady flow of shoppers both days for the most part. I had the pleasure to chat with lots of interested customers and fellow artists - always great to be inspired!

Here are some pics of my set up:





My 100 tiny brushstrokes childhood memory paintings were a conversation starter for sure and definitely nostalgia-inducing. It was fun to hear people recall their childhood favourites and to see which of my paintings they were drawn to most.  I walked away from the show with about a page full of ideas of what to paint for the next 60!! 



More detailed shots of my display from the first day - I rearranged a bit for the 2nd day... got rid of the email list clip board to spread out the merch!


I'm happy I used this cubby for height in my display - love the way the 5 x 7's look in those Ribba frames with nice matte. 


A busy display for the paintings but colourful and full at least!


Fun with little chalkboard signs...


My A-Z Organically book set was a hit - only a couple copies remain...


Everyone loved my peekaboo party animal pins! A couple customers purchased enough for their child's birthday party guests - which was exactly my idea going forward. Look out for party packs of party animal pins coming soon to my Etsy shop!


That Chatterphone painting was quite the attention getter!


So happy with my DIY card stands! They worked so well & looked great!


Thank you Spring Handmade Market - it was fun! 


No comments: